Terms and Conditions
The PropertyX Innovate Awards 2020 ("Awards") are hosted by Property Exchange Australia Limited ABN 140 677 792 of Level 16, Tower 4, 727 Collins Street Docklands VIC 3008 ("PEXA").
By participating in the Awards, all eligible participants ("participants") agree to the following terms and conditions.
Participants may self-nominate or be nominated by third parties. Nominations close Sunday, 8th November 2020 at 11:59pm, but may be extended by PEXA in its absolute discretion. All participants will be invited to join us for the Awards ceremony which will be hosted virtually on Tuesday, 8th December 2020.
All participants must adhere to the following eligibility criteria for each relevant category:
Industry Innovation Award – Lender
- be registered as a PEXA Member in the role of financial institution
- be registered in Australia as a company with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and hold an Australian Credit Licence (ACL)
- have conducted 50 or more PEXA transactions between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020 ("FY20")
- be registered as a PEXA member in the role of practitioner (lawyer or conveyancer)
- have conducted 10 or more PEXA transactions in FY20
- be employed by an organisation with fewer than 20 employees
- be registered in Australia as a sole trader, partnership or company
- be registered as a PEXA Member in the role of principal subscriber OR a non-PEXA Member who has instructed an Australian law firm, or a PEXA member in the role of practitioner (lawyer or conveyancer) manage transactions via PEXA
- have conducted 20 or more transactions in FY20
- be an organisation with 20 employees or more
- Registered in Australia as a sole trader, partnership or incorporated legal practice ("ILP")
- Registered as a legal practice representing a lender or developer
- have partnered with PEXA in FY20/FY21
Prior to Sunday the 8th of November, all participants are required to respond to the statement corresponding to the award category (responses should be between 400 and 800 words).
View assessment criteria here
The entries will be judged according to responses provided by participants to the relevant statements posed in the assessment criteria. The Awards are a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The closing date for entries (and other dates listed in the timeline) may be extended by PEXA in its absolute discretion.
- All entries will be assessed and shortlisted by the PEXA Group Executive Team to determine the category award finalists.
- During the judging in November 2020, a panel of external industry judges will assess the shortlisted finalists for each entry to determine the category award winners.
- All judging deliberations are secret and confidential. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participants consent to having their identity, trademarks and relevant details about their organisation and innovations published by PEXA via various marketing channels if they are selected. If third parties are referred to in the submission, entrants must obtain permission from those third parties prior to referring to them in their entry.
- The winners will be announced on December 8th 2020. PEXA will advertise the winners via various marketing channels.
- All participants may use PEXA’s name, logo or trademarks to announce their participation, short list nomination or winning of an award.
- PEXA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Awards for any reason.
- using and disclosing their personal information for the purposes of administering the Awards and advertising the winner.
- using responses in marketing and promotional materials, provided that the responses will never feature personally identifiable information.
PEXA may disqualify any participant who:
- materially breaches these terms and conditions;
- submits misleading or inaccurate responses; or
- submits an entry which infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights or includes profanity, is insulting or inflammatory or includes defamatory language.
- PEXA will take all reasonable steps to ensure that entries are properly recorded and stored, but accepts no liability if an entry is not recorded or is lost.